Learn About Comprehensive Dentistry in Redwood City
Contact Advanced Dentistry for Your Appointment
Good oral health is an important part of general physical health and both at-home and professional care is needed to help you enjoy a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums. At Advanced Dentistry in Redwood City, Dr. Brian W. Fong provides comprehensive dental care that encompasses a wide range of preventative, restorative, and cosmetic treatments to improve and protect the overall health of your teeth and gums.
Comprehensive and Customized Oral Health Care in Redwood City
For new patients, your initial visit includes a full oral examination to inspect every aspect of your oral health and hygiene.
- A full medical history, with an emphasis on oral health.
- Teeth are examined with high-powered microscopes and digital x-rays looking for decay, damage, and normal wear and tear. A thorough examination of the teeth not only detects issues like decay, but also problems that may arise from less noticeable problems such as tooth-grinding.
- Gum health is examined. It includes a look at the overall health of the gums and the gum line to check for problems such as recession and inflammation that are typically caused by gum disease.
- Examination of tooth restorations such as fillings, crowns and dental implants are done to determine if they are providing complete oral health support.
- Oral cancer screening is done to look for signs of abnormal skin tissue discoloration.
- Screening of the head and neck for signs of temporomandibular joint problems (TMJ and TMD).
- Full digital x-rays for an overall picture of your teeth and mouth to keep on file as a reference for future exams.
This initial examination is very thorough and depending on your current oral health, it may take one to two hours. The results of this comprehensive exam are then used to create a customized plan of oral healthcare designed to improve or maintain your oral health. Dr. Fong will listen to patient concerns and will discuss all cosmetic and restorative options available. Working together, a custom treatment plan is developed.
Comprehensive dental care combines form, function, and aesthetics, meaning that your customized care plan is designed to improve your teeth and gums so that they look good and feel, and function like natural teeth. Depending on your current oral health status, you may receive special instructions for at-home oral care, dietary recommendations, or other procedure suggestions for improving your oral health and hygiene. When necessary, Dr. Fong will recommend a specialist to care for more serious dental problems.
Redwood City Comprehensive Dentistry
Please contact Advanced Dentistry to learn more about the general and cosmetic dental services we provide, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Fong. We welcome patients who live and work in and around Redwood City, CA. Alternatively, you can request an appointment using our online appointment request feature. If you are looking for a caring dentist who goes the extra length to care for your health, contact Advanced Dentistry today.